Academic Success Center
It is the mission of the Academic Success Center to provide DeVry University, Keller Graduate School of Management and Chamberlain College of Nursing students with quality academic support. We provide free tutoring in Math and Statistics, Computer Science and Networking, Engineering, Business and English. Tutoring is provided on a walk-in basis, no appointment is necessary, and is available for both on-site and on-line courses. We also provide study tips and guides, and offer periodic workshops on topics to promote student achievement and well-being.
Tutoring is available through one-on-one sessions, or in small groups by CRLA-certified student tutors. Professors also provide tutoring during their office hours.
Tutoring Schedule (PDF) Professor Tutoring Schedule (PDF)
Please note that tutoring schedules are subject to change. If you have questions, would like to request a workshop on a particular topic, or you are interested in becoming a tutor, please contact:
Manager, Academic Success Center
The Academic Success Center is located in room #108 at the very back of the Library.Hours of Operation
Monday - Thursday: 7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Friday: 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Saturday: 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Study Groups The newest additions to the services offered by the Academic Success Center are tutor-led Study Groups. Student requests for Study Groups will be considered for any subject for which there is a tutor available.
- Study Groups are curently being formed for Computer Networking students on Tuesdays and Thursdays, between the hours of 12-5pm. Groups are 90 minutes long, and are limited to 3-4 students.
- Groups meet at the same time and on the same day for the entire session until Finals Week.
- Students should plan in advance for the topics they would like to cover with the tutor.
- Advantages to participating in a Study Group include: learning from the tutor and from your peers, and emotional/academic support.
- Students can sign up for Study Groups in the Academic Success Center, Room 108.
Tips From a Tutor"Don't be afraid to ask for help, and ask as many questions as you can." ~ Andy
"Use all the resources available to you and network with others. We should learn to build relationships with others in our fields of study." ~ Marlon
"For Math, learn all of your formulas, and write out all the steps." ~ Rachel
Extra Help Anyone?
http://www.khanacademy.org (Math, Biology, Chemistry, Economics, CS)
http://www.accountingcoach.com (Accounting and Finance)
http://www.tutorialspoint.com/cplusplus/ (C++ Tutorials)
cplusplus.com (C++ Tutorials)
http://stackoverflow.com (Programming Q & As)
http://10fastfingers.com/ (Improve Typing Speed)
Please note that external links are provided for your benefit only, and should not be construed as an endorsement by DeVry University.