Academic Success Center
It is the mission of the Academic Success Center to provide DeVry University, Keller Graduate School of Management and Chamberlain College of Nursing students with quality academic support. We provide free tutoring in Math and Statistics, Computer Science and Networking, Engineering, Business and English. Tutoring is provided on a walk-in basis, no appointment is necessary, and is available for both on-site and on-line courses. We also provide study tips and guides, and offer periodic workshops on topics to promote student achievement and well-being.
Tutoring is available through one-on-one sessions, or in small groups by CRLA-certified student tutors. Professors also provide tutoring during their office hours.
Student Tutoring Schedule (PDF) Professors' Tutoring Schedule (PDF)
Please note that tutoring schedules are subject to change. If you have questions, would like to request a workshop on a particular topic, or you are interested in becoming a tutor, please contact:
Manager, Academic Success Center
The Academic Success Center is located in Room 108 at the back of the Library.
Hours of Operation
Monday - Thursday: 7:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Friday: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Saturday: 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM
Study Groups The newest additions to the services offered by the Academic Success Center are tutor-led Study Groups. Student requests for Study Groups will be considered for any subject for which there is a student tutor available.
- Study Groups are currently being formed for Statistics.
- Check back soon for days and times!
- Groups meet at the same time and on the same day for the entire session until Finals Week.
- Students should plan in advance for the topics they would like to cover with the tutor.
- Advantages to participating in a Study Group include: learning from the tutor and from your peers, and emotional/academic support.
- Students can sign up for Study Groups in the Academic Success Center, Room 108.
Tutoring Guidelines for Students - "MAPS TO SUCCESS"
- M: MAKE an attempt to do your homework first.
- A: ACTIVE participant in class and in the tutoring session - be one.
- P: PROFESSOR is always your guide when you have questions.
- S: SPECIFIC questions are what you should bring to the tutor.
Extra Help Anyone?
SmartThinking - Online Tutoring Resource
SmartThinking is an online tutoring service provided by tutors at the Masters and Ph.D. level.
The tutors can assist in subjects that include Basic Math, Algebra, Calculus, Statistics, Writing, Chemistry, Accounting and Economics.
How to use SmartThinking:
1. In the course shell, there is a tab under "Course Home" labeled "TutorSource".
2. The TutorSource page will list the hours for tutoring, provide tutorials on how to get started, and provide a link that takes you to SmartThinking. You do not need a username or password.
3. Three tabs will appear: Writing Center, Drop-in Tutoring, and Offline Questions.
4. Several options for live tutoring are available, including "Connect with an e-structor now".
5. If you find a tutor you want to work with exclusively, another option is "Schedule a personal session".
6. If you do not have time for a live session, a third option is "Submit a question". Using the white board, you can type a question, and submit it to the tutor.
7. For help with writing papers, there is a "Submit your writing" option. For this option, complete a short form explaining what you need from the tutor, and attach your paper for review.
http://www.khanacademy.org (Math, Biology, Chemistry, Economics, CS)
http://www.accountingcoach.com (Accounting and Finance)
http://www.tutorialspoint.com/cplusplus/ (C++ Tutorials)
cplusplus.com (C++ Tutorials)
http://stackoverflow.com (Programming Q & As)
http://10fastfingers.com/ (Improve Typing Speed)
https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/ (English and Writing)
http://www.toastmasters.org (Public Speaking Tips)
Please note that external links are provided for your benefit only, and should not be construed as an endorsement by DeVry University.
Updated: November 16, 2015