Course Enrollment FAQ

What are the deadlines for dropping and withdrawing from a class?
Undergraduate and graduate students can request to drop a class during the add/drop period. Beyond the initial add/drop period, students can request to withdraw until Friday of Week 7 at 11:59 pm MST.

How do I withdraw from the University?
You should contact the appropriate academic administrator informing them in writing of your intent to withdraw.

What catalog should I use for my program of study or general education requirements?
Your catalog year is determined when you first enroll or are re-admitted. Please contact your academic advisor to confirm your catalog year.

How do I change my catalog year for my program of study?
A request to follow an updated catalog must be requested in writing and provided to the Registrar. Students can only update their catalog year once.

Is there a time limit to finish my degree?
While there is no specific time limit for undergraduate students, students must continue to make satisfactory academic progress toward their degree.

Graduate students are allowed up to five years from the date of initial enrollment to complete their degree requirements.  Under certain circumstances, the time limit may be extended upon petition to the chief location administrator/academic advisor.

Is there an attendance policy?
Yes. The attendance policy is covered in the student handbook, receipt of which constitutes notification of the policy. Students must adhere to the policy and check for revisions each term.

DeVry Tinley Park Campus Community Web Site Home | Student Central | Student Services | Academics | Campus Info | Financial Info | Admissions | Career Services | Community Outreach | Merrillville Center