How to Become a Student Tutor
Are you interested in helping other students? Would you like to have work experience on your resume that employers will find impressive? Then consider becoming a student tutor in the Academic Success Center! Some advantages to becoming a tutor include:
- flexible scheduling.
- convenience of working and attending school in the same location.
- reinforces your own knowledge and learning.
- learning what it may be like to teach.
- satisfaction that comes from helping others to succeed.
Requirements for student tutors include:
- GPA of 3.5 or better.
- As or Bs in the courses your plan to tutor.
- written recommendation from a professor.
TUTORS WANTED FOR THE SEPTEMBER - OCTOBER 2014 SESSION
Qualified candidates should have taken Accounting 212 - Financial Accounting, and Accounting 346 - Managerial Accounting, receiving an "A" or "B" in each course. The ideal candidate will also be able to work one evening and 9am - 1pm on Saturday.
Qualified candidates should have taken at least Math 114, receiving an "A' or "B" in this and any addtional courses beyond Math 114. The ideal candidate will be able to work at least two days for 4-5 hours. Availability on Saturday is especially desirable.
If you are interested in becoming a tutor, and would like more information, please stop by the Academic Success Center, and talk with Lisa Johnson.