Lab Staff Functions
- Student assistants can give students basic help in use of major software packages, and assist in resolving hardware issues with lab computers. They do not act as tutors in assisting students with homework, and they are not expected to know how to run specific courseware assigned by an instructor. For these questions, see your instructor, your dean, or visit ASC.
- Students should adhere to lab staff and instructors while in the labs
- Student assistants have the right to ask you to leave if you are disturbing others
- Student assistants cannot repair your home computer or give advice on installation of software bundle.
- In order to maintain the integrity of the lab computers, the lab staff has the right to monitor logon sessions using remote control software, when they suspect that violations to the policy have occurred.
Alert student assistants to any problems you are experiencing with your computer - we can't fix it if we don't know about it.